Saturday, March 5, 2016

Reflection

Digital citizenship could be defined in many ways. It could mean being conscientious about yourself and others on the internet. It could be following all the internet ´rules´ and being appropriate online. Overall it means doing everything on the internet the way it was meant to be done while being kind to everyone online.

I use technology on a daily basis. I use my phone and laptop much more than I´m proud to admit. I rarely use my phone for phone calls, unless it´s to tell someone something, but I mostly just go onto social media for entertainment to kill time. I use my laptop to write stories, play online, and sometimes for projects or articles for the school´s newspaper. Two advantages I have with social media is that I get to contact my family in a matter of mere seconds and I get to contact my friends from around the world. I also get to learn many new things about subjects I haven even known existed. Two disadvantages about technology is that I´m addicted to it. I can seem to control myself around my phone and end up checking it every minute or so. Also, technology has made me significantly lazier.

Two aspects of social media that I do is not plagiarizing other people´s work. Even if I use other websites for reference, I never just copy and paste off of someone else´s work. If I DO find what they´re saying interesting and want to include it, I would put their words in quotation marks and add the source. I also do my best to never insult anyone online. If I see something I don´t like on the internet, I just ignore it. Two aspects I fail horribly at is not being able to put my phone down (A.K.A internet health). My phone is addicting, and once I get on I completely lose track of time and stay on the internet longer than I was planning to. I could improve this by setting alarms for myself to keep track of time. I´m also bad at being a social activist. If I every feel passionate about something I want to change, I never go to social media about it, even though I know that social media would have much more of an effect. I could fix this by adding hashtags next to posts and things I feel like need to change.

I could use technology to improve myself as a student because on multiple occasions there have been times where I don't understand a certain subject. What I have done and what I can do in the future is look up that subject on the internet to be able to understand it better. Technology could help me improve when I'm a young adult by helping me become organized with the multiple agendas, calendars, and resources provided to me. Technology could help me improve myself as a digital citizen by helping me become aware of what's going on in the world or helping be become more educated on certain situations.Technology can help me reach my goals in the future by helping me establish connections with important people that will help me make my way to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment