Friday, March 18, 2016

Dear Past Self..

Hey past me! It's future you! I'm currently 23 years old and am studying in Stanford for an upcoming exam in one of my classes. It was a tough road for you to get here, but you somehow managed to make it. I'm living in one of the school's dorm and made great friends with my roommate. I haven't changed much from when I was your age, I'm still a happy little ball of sunshine. My hairstyle and fashion sense has changed dramatically, thank god. I don't know how you managed to survive middle school with that bird nest on your head.

In the past ten years, I haven't really done much. I typically spent my time online and studying, but of course I hung out with a lot of my friends during high school. I had many friends, which is good because they helped me to where I am right now. I didn't really go anywhere with them outside of school hours however, and I enjoyed it that way. I would relax and stay home to read a book, go on the internet, or study for future exams. Obviously a few people found this strange and called me a nerd or a geek, but honestly it was all worth it in the future. Don't let them discourage you and let them affect your grades like I almost let them do, when you have an amazing career and a beautiful family, you'll look back and smile at how far you've gotten because you haven't let them affect you.

Don't listen to anything anyone says that's negative. Either way people will talk. If you're smart and have some of the highest grades, they'll make fun of you. If your grades are low and you have trouble understanding, people will still make fun of you. Don't let them bring you down, people will go after the person who's different. They'll go after people who are better than them just to feel superior. Whatever you do, don't listen to them.

Be humble. Never brag about something good that has happened to you for the sake of the feelings of others. Also be friendly. Your friends will be there for you when you most need them. However, if you need important advice, ask your mother. She's wise and will know exactly what to do in a situation.

Anyways, I'm currently very excited because my sister's wedding will be this week! Although she's played hard to get for the past ten years, I knew she couldn't resist her boyfriend forever. I'm also super excited since I managed to score an interview for an internship for a very influential person that will help me on my road to success. Anyways, have fun doing whatever you're doing now, and enjoy your sleep while you can, because collage would make such a simple thing like resting seem like a privilege.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment